Friday, January 19, 2007

The Geni's loose

Found this cool viral genealogical site. It's a pretty quick and easy means to build a web-based family tree and as data accumulates, eventually show how large groups of disparate people are related. Though one thing that isn't as supported as well as I'd like is showing how non-biological families are, since I've got a large California extended/blended family. But it's an interesting start and I'm curious how it develops.


Update: Okay, I'm totally addicted to this site now. I think they've got a winner here. The tag line "Everyone's Related" is almost a description of what they're hitting that many social-networking sites miss, those strong connections that people have in the real world, particularly family connection. And then on top of that it appeals to all those compulsive genealogy nuts out there, which I could easily join.

No comments: