Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Natl. Trich Awareness Week

For the last week or so I've been working on the website for All Join Hands 2006, the first National Trichotillomania Awareness Week, which is going to be in October. Like the site says, Trichotillomania is relatively common disorder affecting 2-4% of the population, including people from all backgrounds, myself included, which has both biological and behavioral aspects. The most common behavior aspect of it is pulling out one's hair, which was something I did until I had bald patches on my head. But in the last year or so, I've made great strides with my recovery and have been relatively "pull free" for the last year or so.

I'm pretty excited about the All Join Hands effort and here in San Francisco, we thinking about trying to do a local showing of the Bad Hair Life film as both an awareness raising event and fundraising event.

No comments: