Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Naughty Bees

Tuesday, my friend Sara got hooked up with tickets for the "adult" version of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, so she, Pam and their friend Alison and I all went to check it out. It had enough risque language that I wondered what the "clean" storyline was, but the stuff that actually sort of bothered me was the "ethnic humor". One of the main characters was Korean, and the word she got to spell were all Japanese words like miso. And then when she asked for it to used in a sentence, of course, the sentence was "Miso horny". But on the other hand, the play did have an Asian Jesus...

Update:
I was at Raleigh's in Berkeley last night and there was Derrick Trumbly who played Leaf Coneybear, the Haight-Ashbury kid who discovers he's actually smarter and a better speller then anyone thought. I wanted to go up and tell him, I was the real Leef, but let him just enjoy his beer instead

No comments: