Thursday, May 24, 2007

Eating Organic on a Food Stamp Budget

I just started reading local writer, Rebecca Blood's excellent blog,Eating Organic on a Food Stamp Budget , on eating in a locovore, organic manner in the most economic manner. I find this very interesting in part because that's the diet that I pretty much grew up with. I've been quite resistant to the idea that eating well and ethically had to be expensive and part of an "elite" lifestyle. The Alemany Farmer's Market has always been part of my and always been reasonably priced and had this "people's market" feel. But with all the wonderful eating options we have in this town, I like most every one I know, eats out more then they need to. I'm trying to do better though.

I'm also just really impressed by Blood's ingenuity
for taking on such a project with a journalist's mindset and a personal touch. Impressive stuff.

No comments: