Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Openings

It was Open Studios in the Mission this past weekend, and ended touring through twice, once on Friday evening and again late Sunday afternoon, and still didn't manage to get to all the spaces I wanted to. It was fascinating to getter a better picture of what other neighborhood folk are doing art-wise and also really inspiring. Lately I've been feeling sort of guilty for not being able to say "Yes" when people ask me if I'm an artist. Artistic expression totally fascinates me and love having it in my life, and I feel like I've got a good eye. It's just a matter of making more time to fool around with materials and letting myself play. But maybe having studio space where everything could be out and ready to go whenever would help get me to produce more. Either way, I definitely want to make it a priority beyond the stuff I'm doing for Burning Man this year.


But beyond my own artistic yearnings, I met some awesome people and saw some stand out stuff. Some of favorites:



No comments: